We have a tradition of making a list of bold predictions for each and every Steelers season. Typically, we miss on a lot more than we hit, but it’s always fun to try. Last year 3 out of the 4 writers predicted Green Bay to win the Super Bowl, which unfortunately came true.
Here are my 20 bold predictions for the 2011 Pittsburgh Steelers:
1. James Harrison will miss at least 3 games. He’s been a virtual ironman over the years, but this will be the season his body starts to betray him.
2. Ben Roethlisberger will finish in the top 5 for passing yardage in 2011.
3. Troy Polamalu starts 13 games.
4. Emmanuel Sanders finishes with more catches than Antonio Brown.
5. Rashard Mendenhall rushes for 1,278 yards.
6. Isaac Redman rushes for 396.
7. Bryant McFadden is not a starting CB by year’s end.
8. Pro Bowlers: Pouncey, Roethlisberger, Timmons.
9. The Cleveland Browns finish 7-9.
10. Lawrence Timmons leads the NFL in tackles.
11. Daniel Sepulveda plays all 16 games without injury.
12. The Cincinatti Bengals finish 4-12.
13. Roethlisberger breaks his own franchise record for TDs in a season with 35.
14. The Baltimore Ravens finish 10-6.
15. Marcus Gilbert is starting at tackle by year’s end.
16. The Steelers are fined 4 different times by the league for illegal hits, more than any other time in the NFL.
17. League MVP: Aaron Rodgers
18. The Pittsburgh Steelers finish 11-5 and win the AFC North.
19. Steelers beat Houston in the playoffs before falling at New England in AFC title game.
20. Super Bowl: New England over Green Bay.